ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 started on 4th March 2022 in New Zealand and is likely to be held till 4th April. This is the 12th edition of the tournament and the opening match was played at the Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui against West Indies and New Zealand, in which West Indies won by 3 runs.
A total of 8 teams are going to participate in the tournaments which comprise of, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, West Indies, South Africa, and England.
On 5th March, 2nd match was played between South Africa and Bangladesh, where South Africa won by 32 runs. 3rd match of the tournament was played against Australia and England, where Australian team took the lead by 12 runs.
India opened the match on 6th March against Pakistan and won by 107 runs against the arch-rivals. And on 7th Match between Bangladesh and New Zealand was won by New Zealand by 7 wickets (92 balls left). Pakistan and Australia clashed on 8th March where, Australia won by 7 wickets (92 balls left).
When and Where to Watch ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022
The tournament is going to be the most widely distributed women’s cricket match of all time as it is to be telecasted on Star Sports, Sky Sports, PTV, Gazi Tv, and ESPN which will lead the tournament to over one billion Cricket fans.
Let’s check the broadcasting details of all countries further including Television and digital platforms:
- India: Star sports and Disney+ Hotstar
- Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan: Star Sports and Yupp TV
- Bangladesh: Gazi Tv and Rabbithole
- Pakistan: PTV Sports, Asports and PTV, ARY App
- UK and ROI: Sky Sports channel Sky Go, SkySports and Youtube
- Australia: WWC Channel (Fox 507) and Kayo
- New Zealand: Sky sports cricket and SkyNow, SkyGo
- USA: Willow TV and ESPN+
- Canada: Willow TV and Hotstar
- Caribbean Islands: ESPN and ESPN app
- South Africa and Sub Sharan Africa: SuperSport and SuperSport APP
- MENA: CrickLife and Switch TV and Starz Play
- Malaysia, Singapore and Hongkong: Astro Cricket (Astro, Singtel and NowTV) and Disney+ Hotstar app
- Hong Kong: Astro Cricket and Now Tv
- Pacific Islands: TVWAN (Digicel) and Digicel App
- South America: ESPN via Star Plus
- Europe, SEA, South America and Afghanistan: Yupp TV