Premier League, also called as English Premier League is one of the most competitive and admired leagues played in the world. Also, it is one of the most viewed sports leagues all over the world. The league has also witnessed some legendary players in history and some are still playing to date. So, here is a list of the top 5 goalscorers who has maximum goals in the Premier League.
List Of Top 5 Goalscorers With Maximum Goals In Premier League
Alan Shearer a former English footballer played as a striker for Newcastle United, Blackburn Rovers, and Southampton. He is often regarded as one of the best players of his time. Named in the list of greatest players in Premier League history, he is Newcastle’s record goalscorer.
Having scored a total of 260 goals and for two clubs namely Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United, he is first in the list of top goal scorers. His international career began in 1990 while playing in the England U21 team under Dave Sexton, where he scored 13 times in 11 matches which is still an unbeaten record. In February 1992, he remarked his debut by winning against France by 2-0.
He has also set many records and received sporting honors including,
- PL 1994-95 (Blackburn Rovers)
- FA Cup Runner up 1997-98 (Newcastle United)
- FIFA World Player of the year 1994-95
- Ballon d’Or 1996 (third place)
- English Football Hall of Fame (2004)
- PL Hall of Fame (2021)
- Player of the year 1994-95
Rooney played as a forward player and is considered one of the best players of all time. He has set records for both England National Team and Manchester United.
Rooney scored a total of 208 goals in his Premier League career and played for two clubs Everton and Manchester United. He played his last match in 2018 for Everton. Rooney made his international debut in February 2003 aged 17 and set a record for England’s youngest goal scorer.
Sporting honors in football,
- FIFA Club World Cup 2008
- Premier League (2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13)
- UEFA Champions League (2007-08)
- UEFA Europa League (2016-17)
Rooney is also Manchester United’s all-time top goal scorer.
Andrew Cole was a former English football player who played as a striker. He is best known for his 6-year stint with Manchester United.
Cole has scored 187 goals in his career of 20 years and holds a record for most goals in a 42 game season as well as the fastest to score 50 goals (65 matches). He has played for 6 clubs that is Arsenal, Newcastle United, Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Fulham, Manchester City, Portsmouth, and Sunderland in Premier League.
- FA Charity Shield 1991 (Arsenal)
- Football League first division 1992-93 (Newcastle United)
- FA Cup 1995-96, 1998-99 (Manchester United)
- UEFA Champions League 1998-99 (Manchester United)
- Football League Club 2001-02 (Blackburn Rovers)
Sergio Aguero is an Argentinian professional footballer, played as a striker, and is one of the greatest strikers of the Premier League. He had a 10-year long association with Manchester City where he helped the club to clinch their first league title by a last-minute goal against QPR.
He has scored 184 goals and is counted in the list of top goal scorers in the Premier League.
- UEFA Super Cup (2010)
- UEFO Europe League (2009-20)
- FA Cup (2018-19)
- FA shield (2012, 2018, 2019)
- UEFA Champions League runner up (2020-21)
Frank James Lampard is a former football player and a professional football manager of Premier League club Everton. He was also named as the player of the decade from 2000 to 2020.
Lampard has scored a total of 177 goals and is one of the nine players to score more than 150 goals in the Premier League. Although he played for West Ham and Manchester City too in Premier League, he is best known for his stint with Chelsea.
- FA Cup, Chelsea (2006-07, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11)
- Football League Cup (2004-05, 2006-07)
- FA Community shield (2005, 2009)
- UEFA Champions League (2011-12)
- UEFA Europe League (2012-13)
Read more: All You Need To Know About Kylian Mbappe: Debut, Teams, World Cup, And Records
Very impressive ☺️