POCO F4 Gaming Review: The gaming segment of Xiaomi recently launched its mid-range smartphone – POCO F4 5G. Initially, it entered the market for flagship and premium segments but later it also introduced mid and budget gaming smartphones.
Previous model: POCO F3 GT was pretty impressive and stood up to the expectations of the users. Hope the latest model will also deliver the best performance. Let’s deep dive and know will POCO F4 5G will be worth purchasing or not.
POCO F4 5G Specifications And Gaming Review
Display & OS
POCO F4 offers a 6.67-inch Super AMOLED huge display for limitless gaming view with 87% screen-to-body ratio. Along with this, it has a pixel density of 395ppi and a refresh rate of 120Hz for super speed lag-free gaming.
The gaming experience is enhanced if you play at a higher refresh rate.
POCO F4 5G is packed with Android 12, the exceptional thing about the POCO phones is that it provides different MIUI updates and it has MIUI 13 for POCO. Additionally, this smartphone comes with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection for scratch-free gaming.
Processor & RAM
Get yourself and your gang to join the POCO F4 5G club. After all, the phone is #EverythingYouNeed to have a good AV experience – all alone or with company! #POCOF45G pic.twitter.com/FwlIoYNu1B
— POCO India | #POCODiwaliMadness (@IndiaPOCO) July 19, 2022
POCO F4 get its power from Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 870 5G (7nm) chipset. Snapdragon 870 5G provides quick apps response and enables one to perform tasks faster, which means lag-free gaming. It has been paired with 6GB/8GB & 12GB RAM (Frame rates and system responsiveness are improved using RAM).
Camera & Battery
Apart from being a gaming phone, users also claimed that POCO segment provides great camera specifications and outputs are quite amazing. POCO F4 comes with a triple camera of 64 MP (Primary) + 8 MP (Wide-Angle) + 2 MP (Macro) and a selfie camera of 20 MP.
Due to POCO’s introduction in the gaming segment, it is always concerned about charging speed and battery capacity. It comes with a 4500 mAh Li-Po battery along with 67W Sonic charging which can charge up to 100% in just 38 mins (as per the advertisement).
POCO F4 Price In India
This smartphone was launched previous month on 23rd June, available on POCO official website and Flipkart only. The main segment of POCO, Xiaomi kept this smartphone under mid-range segment.
Price range starting from ₹27,999 for 6GB RAM + 128GB storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB storage will be priced at 29,999. The higher-end model: 12GB RAM + 256GB storage market at the cost of ₹33,999.
POCO F4 vs Other Smartphones: Gaming Review
*For all comparisons, we look at every feature from the angle of gaming.
1. POCO F4 5G vs iQOO Neo 6 5G
Nothing Phone (1) battery drain test vs OnePlus Nord 2T, iQOO Neo 6, POCO F4 https://t.co/PjaxPOTYaM
— 91mobiles (@91mobiles) July 23, 2022
- POCO F4 has a bigger display than iQOO Neo 6, but Neo 6 has grater pixel density of 398ppi.
- iQOO Neo 6 offers 4700 mAh battery along with 80W VOOC charger, where as POCO has only 4500 mAh battery with 67W sonic charger.
Conclusion: There is no winner in this as both the smartphones provide 96% same features at same price level.
2. POCO F4 5G vs Redmi K50 i 5G
- POCO F4 offers a higher clock speed of 3.2 GHz than Redmi K50 i which only offers 2.85 GHz clock speed only.
- Redmi K50 i have a massive 5080 mAh battery whereas POCO F4 only comes with 4500 mAh battery.
- F4 is much slimmer than K50 i as its thickness is 7.7mm and also light in weight.
Conclusion: POCO F4 5G offers slightly better features than Redmi K50 i at lesser price.
3. POCO F4 5G vs OnePlus Nord 2T 5G
- OnePlus Nord 2T is powered by Mediatek Dimensity 1300 but POCO F4 is powered by Snapdragon 870 chipset which is a far better chipset than Nord 2T.
- POCO F4 offers higher clock speed of 3.2 GHz than Nord 2T which only offers 3 GHz clock speed.
- Nord 2T has a smaller screen than POCO F4 along with this it also has lesser refresh rate of 90 Hz whereas F4 has a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
The #RedmiK50i has arrived but it faces tough competition from the Poco F4 and the Nord 2T, what’s your pick? pic.twitter.com/6AkGcLr21H
— mysmartprice (@mysmartprice) July 20, 2022
Conclusion: POCO F4 5G offers far better features than OnePlus Nord 2T with same price range.
This is a list of the major competitors in the gaming segment of smartphones that may pose a challenge to POCO F4 5G. Because it is a mid-range gaming smartphone don’t be convinced that it won’t give premium gaming feel. As per the features, it stands out very well and gives tough competition to many gaming phones in the market.
Other Misc Specifications
These are the other miscellaneous features being offered by POCO F4 5G apart from gaming perspective. But these features affects the overall performance of smartphones.
- POCO F4 has an inbuilt LiquidCool 2.0 vapour chamber for faster cooling. This features will help you play lag-free high-end games with ease.
- HDR10+ display with 1300 Nits makes it a perfect gaming smartphone to play even outside home.
- Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos Stereo speakers which makes it to play even without headphone gears.
Is POCO F4 5G is the best mid-range gaming smartphone in the market? This smartphone has entered to kill all the flagships and gaming smartphone with excellent features at amazing and affordable price range. Furthermore, the specification looks amazing not only for gaming but also for overall functionality.
Read More: OnePlus Nord 2T Good For Gaming? Review, Specifications, Price And Comparisons With Other Gaming Phones