Most Valuable Teams IPL 2022: The Indian Premier League has seen a massive increase in wealth since its start in 2008. In 2009 according to Forbes, the average value of the eight teams was 67 million.
However this year with the addition of two more teams, the average has risen to $1.04 billion which signifies a growth of 24%. The growth rate of IPL is huge as NFL had a growth rate of 10% and 16% for the NBA over the past 13 years.
According to a report from Forbes, Mumbai Indians which was owned by Reliance Industries Limited, are the most valuable team with a value of $1.3 billion.
According To Forbes, The Indian Premier League Has Been A Gold Mine For Investors.
Forbes managing director at Brand Finance India said
“The IPL is the most prominent cricket league in the world in terms of attracting sponsors and media rights. A lot of credit goes to the founder of IPL, who took ideas from the NBA and European soccer leagues and good governance by the BCCI with regards to clear visibility of team funding and ensuring the tournament continued during covid“.
— Mike Ozanian (@MikeOzanian) April 26, 2022
Why IPL Is So Popular In India
Indians are mad about cricket. IPL is celebrated like a festival in India. But Why? It is because
-Everyone gets to celebrate their city
-Every fans season of fantasy cricket league
-Emerging Talents emerge from this league
-All big names of cricket play under one team
-Nail-biting competition matches are common in this tournament
IPL 2022 Most Valuable Team According To Forbes
Mumbaiindians is the Most Valuable Team in IPL👑
report by Forbes:
MI value – $1.3 billion
CSK value – $1.15 billion
KKR value – $1.1 billion
LSG value – $1.075 billion
DC value – $1.035 billion@mipaltan #Mumbaiindians pic.twitter.com/zs5zD5wnqd
— Mumbai Indians FC™ (@mumbaiindian_fc) April 26, 2022
- Mumbai Indians who are owned by Reliance Industries Limited, are the most valuable team with a value of $1.3 billion. They are believed to earn a revenue of$ 33 billion and an opening income of $5.5 million.
- The Chennai Super Kings which are owned by India Cements is second on the list with a value of $1.15 billion. They are believed to earn a revenue of $41.2 million and an operating income of $14.8 million.
- The SRK and Juhi Chawla-owned team Kolkata Knight Riders, have a value of $1.1 billion. They are believed to earn a revenue of $41.2 million and an operating income of $14.1 million
- .The new entrants Lucknow Super Giants which is owned by RP Sanjeev Goenka Group, are fourth on the list with a value of $1.075 billion.
- Delhi Capitals owned by the GMR Group and JSW Group stands in fifth with a value of $1.035 billion.
- .In the sixth place are the Royal Challengers Banglore, which are owned by United Breweries with a value of $1.025 billion. They are followed by Rajasthan Royals, which are owned by Emerging Media Ltd in the seventh with a value of $ 1 billion
- Sunrisers Hyderabad($970 million), Punjab Kings($925 million), and Gujarat Titans($850 million) are in eighth, ninth, and tenth, respectively.