IPL Mega Auction of 2022 is now live and it’s going as per the expectations. In the first hour, there were 10 players on the table and all of them were sold. Moreover, Shreyas Iyer became the most expensive signing among the first 10 and was sold to 12.25 cr.
So, let’s give a look on the first 10 bids and how it went for the IPL teams.
First 10 Signings In The IPL 2022 Mega Auction
In the first 10 names, 4 Indian players emerged and there were 6 foreign players. However, it was Shreyas Iyer who stole the show as KKR spent 12.25 crores for the Indian batsmen. Rest 9 players were sold under 10cr and Kagiso Rabada was the second most expensive among the first 10 who will now join Punjab.
So, let’s have a look at the first 10 bids and who were the players involved.
- Shikhar Dhawan (8.25cr- Punjab)
- R Ashwin (5cr- Rajasthan Royals)
- Patt Cummins (7.25cr – Kolkata Knight Riders)
- Kagiso Rabada ( 9.25 cr- Punjab)
- Trent Boult (8.25 cr- Rajasthan Royals)
- Shreyas Iyer (12.25 cr- Kolkata Knight Riders)
- Mohammad Shami (6.25 cr- Gujarat Titans)
- Faf Du Plessis (7 cr- Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- De Kock (6.75 cr- Lucknow Super Giants)
- David Warne (6.25 cr- Delhi Capitals)
Indian Opener Shikhar Dhawan was the first one on the table and it was Delhi Capital who started the bid. However, Punjab came at the very end and sealed the deal.
Shreyas Iyer is the most expensive signing as of now. KKR bought two players and have spent almost 20cr on Patt Cummins and Iyer.
Former CSK man, Faf Du Plessis will now join Kohli and co at RCB. However, all the eyes were on David Warner, and many expected him to be on top. Somehow, Delhi Capitals added him into their squad for 6.25 cr.
Rajasthan Royals have added two bowlers to their squad as of now in the form of Rabada and R Ashwin. Rabada is the second most expensive player among the top 10 bids.