In the ongoing match of the TATA IPL 2022 between Punjab Kings and Delhi Capitals, David Warner got dismissed for a golden duck by Punjab Kings all-rounder Liam Livingstone. This was the first golden duck for David Warner after 8 long years in IPL.
David Warner, the Australian left-handed open batsman is one of the most destructive batsmen the game of cricket has ever produced. From International to Domestic league he has dominated all formats of the game.
This was the first golden duck for David Warner after 8 long years in IPL.
— Johns. (@CricCrazyJohns) May 16, 2022
Glorious Career Of David Warner In The IPL
- David Warner started his Indian Premier League career in 2009 when he had just made his entry into international cricket.
- Warner has scored 5876 runs, the most by an overseas player in 160 matches in IPL. He has struck 216 sixes and 576 fours in his 160 innings.
- The Australian opener holds the record for most fifties in the IPL scoring 4 hundred so far.
- He has scored a total of 3502 runs in winning cause in 71 IPL matches.
- Warner has also won the Orange Cap three times so far and scored over 400 runs in 8 of his 13 seasons in IPL.
- In 2016, David Warner led Sunrisers Hyderabad to their first title scoring 848 runs in 17 matches
Dominance Of Warner Over The Years In The IPL
Just like in corporates …
Even when You'r a consistent performer but You don't have a Godfather…. All it takes one bad run & you'r out !!!
Nonetheless…. Class is forever
The IPL Legend @davidwarner31#IPL2022#IPL#CricketTwitter
Pc: @RVCJ_FB pic.twitter.com/tN7S9fLONP
— Ashish Arora (@Arorra_Ashish) May 12, 2022
2009- Delhi Daredevils
163 runs in 7 matches with 1 fifty
2010- Delhi Daredevils
282 runs in 11 matches with 1 fifty and 1 hundred
324 runs in 13 matches with 3 fifties
2012- Delhi Daredevils
256 runs in 8 matches with 1 fifty and 1 hundred
410 runs in 16 matches with 4 fifties
2014- Sunrisers Hyderabad
528 runs in 14 matches with 6 fifties
2015- Sunrisers Hyderabad
562 runs in 14 matches( won Orange Cap) with 7 fifties
2016- Sunrisers Hyderabad
848 runs in 17 matches with 9 fifties
2017- Sunrisers Hyderabad
641 runs in 14 matches(won Orange cap) with 4 fifties and 1 hundred
692 runs in 12 matches( won Orange cap) with 8 fifties and 1 hundred
2020 – Sunrisers Hyderabad
548 runs in 16 matches with 4 fifties
2021 – Sunrisers Hyderabad
195 runs in 8 matches with 2 fifties
2022- Delhi Capitals
427 runs in 10 matches with 5 fifties so far
The consistency of David Warner over the years proves why he dominated in IPL for almost a decade. Overseas players are a prized asset to any franchise and David Warner is the most successful overseas batsman in the history of IPL.
Warner has been a key player at the top of the franchise he has represented- Delhi Daredevils from 2009 to 2013 and Sunrisers Hyderabad since 2014. He is currently playing a crucial role in the top order of the Delhi Capitals.
READ MORE: All You Need To Know About David Warner: Debut, Runs, Records, IPL Teams, and Net Worth